Friday, April 01, 2011


A while back, I posted a video of single-take music video edited with light by a group called Francis and the Lights, which Jen Bilec had sent to me a few months ago.


This show in particular was just Francis, his piano and a drum machine, which was more than awesome. However, being that the full band wasn't there, who was to anticipate that Francis, during his final song, "Darling, It's Alright," was going to strobe the lights and bust some moves?!

Not me, I can tell you that much.

But who cares!? It was fannnnntastic. Everyone in LPR went bananas. I was wishing two things in that moment:

1. That Jen Bilec was dancing on stage with him and
2. That I had changed my frickin' lens!

Following the show, I walked back to the green room and the first person I saw was Francis. Before I even excitedly congratulated him on the show, like a huge nerd, I said, "Dude! That was awesome! I wish you would have told me you were going to do that! I would have changed lenses!"

I don't even remember what he said back to me, but I do know there was a smile and a laugh -perhaps a coy shrug as well.

All you crazy Coachella kids best be going to see Francis and the Lights in a few weekends. I don't know when he plays, but I do know that he probably sounds just as good on the west coast as he does on the east coast!

Francis Farewell Starlite of Francis and the Lights/Le Poisson Rouge/New York, NY/2.24.11

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Where have you[r sunglasses] been all my life?

Alli Harvey said...

Dreeeeammboat.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry I couldn't hear you over my own drooling.