Friday, April 22, 2011

I think over the next few days, I will let Chris do most of the talking. Because, frankly, what he had to say was always intelligent, insightful and important... except for the time he was telling me about some wacko theory on how the U.S. should be divided into socio-political quadrants. That one, haha, I've never been too sure of, but who knows, maybe he's right. A hard man not to love, that Hondros.


The above photo (please drag and drop, as I've left it at its original resolution) and corresponding blurb from an email was sent to Melissa Franko (my very dear friend who introduced me to Chris in 2007) and myself on May 29th, 2008:

So what are Pittsburgh's two most notorious women doing this summer? Be sure to leave some time on the busy social calendar for a little New York jaunt together. I'm still in Iraq for a while, but I ought to be in the city most of the month of July. Come out and we'll hit the town.

I've been out with the Army for ten days, and this afternoon got back to my office/apartment here, totally dirty and exhausted. My Iraqi staff here saw I was beat and put on a pot of my favorite thick local coffee. But then, as if to welcome me home, a notably beautiful sunset spread over the horizon around five, and me and Muhannad went out to the balcony to check it out. He's not a bad photographer, Muhannad, and he shot this cool picture of me, attached. I really like it; it captures the romance of Baghdad, which (though I often deny it) most certainly--sometimes--exists.

Chris

No comments: