Friday, April 15, 2011

As you can imagine, it was a pretty awesome 18 hours spent in a tour bus, even though there were 14 of us on a bus that sleeps 12. I hadn't met any of KR's band (or their lovely wives) prior to this trip, but there's no better place to get to know people quickly.


When we arrived in NOLA on the morning of the 7th, I jumped out of the bus, pulled out my suitcase, grabbed a skirt and flip-flops and bolted down to the French Quarter to see if I could rustle up some beignets. Time was not in my favor, as when I finally arrived at Cafe Mondo, there was not enough time to wait in line and make it back before the bus left for the port.

I was bummed, but sometimes that's the way the beignet crumbles.

When we arrive at the port, who pops out of his SUV and into our bus? The one and only Rev Run. That was one heck of a morning surprise. He was shortly followed by an officer who, after jokingly being asked if he wanted a Jack and coke, wholeheartedly accepted. We all raised an eyebrow and then someone poured him the drink.

We all climbed out of the bus, grabbed our luggage and made our way to customs, only to find the rest of the crew and Bob just hanging out, waiting to board.

Photo: Pulling away from the port on Carnival's Triumph with New Orleans in the background - 4.7.11

No comments: