Thursday, March 10, 2011


See? Day two is muuuchh nicer.


I spent much of the morning chatting with people about where to go, what to see. So much chatting, in fact, that as usual, I let the time get away from me. I had a very important date with a whale-watching vessel, so I left the conversation to scurry down Laugavegur, Reykjavik's main street, to get to the harbor.

By scurry, I mean slip and slide with the rest of the locals down the ice-covered streets. You learn very quickly that you must always look for the whitest parts of the sidewalk or your butt will be on the ground in a second.

Can you imagine the streets of New York being that way? Lawsuits galore. Haha, it's actually a rather amusing notion.

So anyway, I had seen this graffiti the day before, but as mentioned, it was snowing and terribly windy. When I walked by on this gorgeous Wednesday, I had to detour to take a few shots, despite my moderate tardiness.

Photos taken on 3.9.11.

No comments: