Thursday, April 15, 2010


Ok. Well... I still can't get the rest of those photographs off this stupid XD card. Tomorrow, tomorrow. SO I will fill you in on yesterday's shoot. Test shoot, sans stylist, MUA and hair stylist with Edward Le Poulin. Amazing.

By sans I mean... SANS. This look is akin to the one with Nick Parisse last Spring - no brush and no make-up, albeit foundation and a slight bronze on cheeks. I love these kind of shoots for a few reasons, but mostly because they are free from any unnatural or enhanced alterations aside from the photographer's choice of studio light. And playing with light is awesome.

Part of the reason I posted these photos is to show you what a skilled photographer can do with a natural subject and an understanding of light, even if the scheme is minimal. When you see the alteration with make-up, you'll see what I mean. I will tell you right now, it would be unfair to only show the final product.

Without make-up, I look mean. Or like I really hate something, but have to be apathetic. Haha, I actually can hear my mom saying, "Al, you look mean. Why doesn't anyone ever photograph you smiling?"

With make-up, you get a completely different feel.

Anywho, super duper excited to head into the real shoot in the near future, but until then, you'll get more Australia tomorrow. Guaranteed.

Light source: one speedlight.

6 comments:

Art Out said...

http://jglorvigenvisualarts.blogspot.com/

Alli Harvey said...

Haha, cool dude!

Anonymous said...

Al, you look mean. Why doesn't anyone ever photograph you smiling? xoxoxox Mom

Art Out said...

The tilted head photo...you look cold, hungry, and sad. Are you eating? Thanks for being a good sport regarding the pink hair alteration. Be well.

Alli Harvey said...

Tough love in this city - what can I say?

Haha and the pink alternation? Pretty funny.

Anonymous said...

Or Perhaps that without the mask, your fully conscious of the challenge you issue, un-stylistically, to the mind who looks... worthy by the measure of their own objectivity.