Tuesday, August 24, 2010



Straight from Alabama, I was off again(!) destined to not return to my beloved New York. Home sweet home was in my cards this time, flying in that second Friday in August just in time to shower, dry my hair, throw on a dress and run out the door to my cousin's wedding rehearsal dinner at Gypsy Cafe right off Carson Street in the South Side of Pittsburgh.

Gypsy is one of my favorite spots in the South Side, boasting a wide array of delicious Mediterranean dishes. Most everything that comes out of this kitchen is simply fantastic, particularly their hummus varieties. A staple food, but they've managed to perfect this recipe which tempts suckers like me to return to the hummus platters four or five times over.

Fat kid with a camera. I think I had three pieces of lemon chiffon cake as well. Between the chocolate chip cookies as big as my head from Bon Jovi's catering to Gypsy's desserts, I will be very fortunate to fit into my tiny J. Crew dress for my best friend's wedding coming up this weekend. She loves me for who I am, right?

Top: (L-R) Cousin Eug and fiance Allison slicing that lemon chiffon cake... what you can't see is my drool behind the camera.

Bottom: Allison hugs Kristen, Eug's older sis and our eldest cousin.

No comments: