Friday, August 01, 2008


Rooooxxxxxxxxxannne.

Now, if I were to go through with my initial plan, the above would be all that I would write, but per the usual, my initial plan was totally foiled

by:

1) Sting's devestating blue eyes and wonderfully scruffy good looks
2) a wonderful crew
3) a live show that was waaay bettter than anticipated.

I love when I'm sooo wrong in such a right way. They sounded fabulous, slow and trite at some points, but it's the Police, X number of years later on a reunion tour, so what do you expect? A new school of harmonic brilliance? IIII don't think so. But the fact that they have a giant gong on stage makes up for it in some way that I can't actually validate.

Oh and please disregard the fact that when not shooting, I'm usually at the soundboard, so that may have something to do with my surprising positivity, especially with these guys. For those of you that aren't so into the music scene, that's the closest you can get to hearing a show as it's meant to be heard a.k.a the best seat in the house. Really, my only complaint through the whole thing was that that stupid "De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da" song was on the set list. If that's all I wanted to say to you, I would have slapped you and walked away way before I got to "de do."

Now, let's not forget how this day started: me blazing down the highway in a white Chevy 15-passenger van, rockin' out to Van Halen's "Jump" at about 5:30 a.m. - hey, don't judge... Like David Lee Roth says, "I get up, and nothing gets me down." How 'bout them apples?

Haha, ignoring the above fact, I wish I could say a bit about the opener, Elvis Costello, but I was running around like a nut during his set and only had time to give him a smile and a nod backstage. Never really have been a fan, but was quite curious.

So since this is supposedly the last Police tour (again), I will end on the note that I am truly glad that I got to hear "Roxanne," "When the World is Running Down," and "Every Breath You Take" (shut up and let me be a sap) live.

And wait... did I just quote Van Halen??

P.S. - Sting is still stunning.

3 comments:

Ed said...

Hey, remember that time that I left you a message about whether you were in New York?...

Anonymous said...

Quote The Halen and quote them like crazy..."Er'Body wants some, I want some too!!!"

Shasta Williams said...

"If that's all I wanted to say to you, I would have slapped you and walked away way before I got to "de do."

hahaha.......hahahhaaha..... i love reading your stuff. i'll love it more when it's on our website. lol.