Thursday, August 14, 2008


"If I didn't have my films as an outlet for all the different sides of me, I would probably be locked up."

"I wish I could find people who just would fight me, who would break through to me and hold me down and scream their life into my face."

"We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly."


"I'm getting a wrinkle above my eyebrow, because I just can't stop lifting it and I love that, you know..."


I could have easily pulIed about 55 more quotes (this obviously isn't my photography), but as I meet new people every day, I convince myself more and more that I don't know if there's anyone else on the face of the planet who is more stunning, strong, well-spoken, poised and accomplished than the woman pictured above. A balancing act of flares and personalities that tie together into one beautiful conundrum that, for whatever reason, makes perfect sense.

Media perception? True, I've never met her, but all you need is a photograph. Eyes reveal, hands define and words confirm. Frauds pop up left and right and it takes about 30 seconds to spot them. The give away every time is that you can't fake something like that. There is no mistaking self-interest for selfishness. There is only an individual who is willing to take responsibility for her actions as an individual. A rare thing, if you ask me.

Please enlighten me if you've found otherwise. If so, I would love to hear about it.


Disclaimer: According to data collected today by "1/4 Dr." Jeff Stambough, I have 37 hours of opinions. To put that on his scale, I have 32.5 more hours of opinion than the average human. I think his scale needs calibrated.


Image courtesy of vanityfair.com



2 comments:

Unknown said...

my favorite angie quote is "If I think more about death than some other people, it is probably because I love life more than they do."

sidebar: I like to think that this post was inspired by our chat yesterday, however I am not dumb enough to take that bet.

and you have about as many hours of opinions as I do. luckily, our opinions are all proven facts.

Anonymous said...

al,
you should ask her for a quote that explains why she was in the awful rendition of "Beowulf". i mean, come on.