Sunday, March 02, 2008



Well I've been back a week and I'm already running around like a nut, but if you know me, you know that that is fantastic.

What I've heard from many people recently is that they can't seem to understand why I work so much. In the 2nd most simple way I can explain this, I will say that it's because my work allows me to do things that I otherwise wouldn't be able to do and with such rapidity that sometimes, this blog is the only way I can keep track of me. I generally get pretty disappointed when people tell me to stop working, because that means they really don't understand what I am doing. My work involves meeting crazy people, seeing beautiful things, experiencing life in ways that a 9-5 would never enable me to do. And what of personal relationships, they ask? I say you have no idea how they can grow until you see the results of a collaborative group of truly motivated, passionate people. Imagine working with your best friends, all the time, all over the world. Crazy idea, huh?

This weekend was one of those projects, where we just had a blast with our work. Knowing 2 of 7 of our team beforehand, by the time Sunday rolled around, it was as if we had known each other for years.

But anyway, I'll shut it... actual work aside, my job gave me the long-awaited opportunity to visit Bedford Springs, a treasure of Pennsylvania history about two hours outside Pittsburgh. I won't tell you the story because if you are truly interested, you will check out the site and I don't have to bore you like your 7th grade history teacher (Mr. Hyland, not you, you totally weren't boring... although you were the only teacher ever to give me detention- even if your big heart could only stand it for 30 seconds), but if you want my version at a later date, I won't be shy about it.

Oh wait, what's that? You want to know the simplest way to explain why I work so much?

MONEY.



Hahaha, totally just kidding... bottom line is that I frickin' love my job.

No comments: