Monday, January 07, 2008



Who would have guessed it, the American wasn't allowed off of the ship in Sanya. A big boooo to that. Apparently, there is a list of 7 or so countries that are not even allowed to apply for a visa when docked in Sanya's port. It's nice to know that the US is in the company of Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, Nigeria, Sri Lanka and I forget the last one, but I think you get the point.

SO, since I've been on the ship for the past 6 days and shot nothing but events and sunrises, I decided to flash back to Koh Chang for a bit. I loved Koh Chang. Beautiful beaches, great food and of course.... elephants. Just f.y.i, koh in Thai means island and chang means elephant.

I consider this shot a "mission accomplished" piece, because before I even made my move to the Philippines, a photographer friend, specializing in war coverage for Getty, asked me to send him a picture of me with an elephant. Being that I had no idea I would be going all over SE Asia this fast, I was kind of perplexed as to where I would find this elephant in the Philippines, but that really wasn't going to stop me from trying.

Since I consider this whole ship shindig a "world preview" anyway, it doesn't really matter that I didn't get to explore as much as I would have liked to, because a return trip will most certainly happen.

No comments: