Wednesday, January 30, 2008



Over a bottle of tequila at a dinner table in Pittsburgh one enchanted evening, John McClellan and I have a nice, long discussion about "novel ideas," you know, ideas that are just too good to pass up.

I receive this sometime much later:

john1amerpie: we had a tramp board
john1amerpie: but no tramp
john1amerpie: but some time on our hands
john1amerpie: so i had what i believed was a novel idea
john1amerpie: ...almost toasted my sprinkler system

CUT TO:

(sitting quietly at a table in an overly incandescent frame, interview style, hands folded)

john1amerpie: well...my pap always said "better to be a smartass than a dumbass"



Not being present for the above photo has made me reconsider my life goals. So, like yeah, slope shredding is totally on the agenda. duh.

2 comments:

melissaPGH said...

I know what a great novel idea would be...for me to actually correspond with you! :-)

I suck...I know...it is ALL MY FAULT!

I just read your blog. You found an elephant to take a picture with for Hondros? That's my girl.

When are you home? I am being lazy this weekend (for once), so I will send you a LONG email about my most recent shenanigans. You know I always have good stories! After a certain incident with Peter, Bjorn & John, they taught me to say "Honey I smashed up the car" in Swedish. Good times.

I miss you!

M

Alli Harvey said...

That's my girl!

"A certain incident with" Swedish indie/rock/pop stars...

Chalk that one up to our musician debauchery.