Saturday, August 06, 2011

Next stop, Kansas City, Missouri. Flew out of NYC on the morning of the 24th.


I don't even remember what happened on the 23rd. I think I did laundry and I know I only saw one of my two roommates...

When I arrived, one of the local production staff members, Deano, picked me up and dropped me off at the hotel. Since the build wasn't starting until the overnight on Monday, we had time to kill and I wanted to see what Kansas City had to offer.

Of all things, we ended up eating Cajun food that evening. Based on the amount of BBQ I would end up consuming later in the week, it was ok to abstain from it for the first night.

Photo: The restaurant's original copper from the 1920s. The cards still remain on the ceiling from a magician's visit some years back.

No comments: