Sunday, February 20, 2011

And now I'm back! From outer space! No, no... just from New York, but it is my second time back to my alma mater since I graduated in 2007. I'm back to photograph the Penn State IFC/Panhellenic Dance Marathon, which benefits pediatric cancer.


While I scroll through some of these files, let me tell you a little story.

As most of you know, I have been a major advocate of the $1 fares offered by Megabus, but after my last "redeye" bus almost caught fire in Jersey... I decided to give Megabus a break for a while... and drive.

Well, wouldn't you know. The car option fell through and back to the bus I went - but this time, I decided to try a new bus option. New company. New pick-up location.

I show up to the corner. No bus. I walk into a Chinatown pharmacy and re-emerge with my favorite Japanese shampoo to kill some time. Walk out. Still no bus. Ahhh, finnaaally I see a bus! I walk up and the woman points past me, and says, "You go to State College? You take van."

I look behind me and sure enough there's a van! Ready and waiting to be my chariot of luxury to good ol' State College. And jam-packed with Asians! So myself, 50 lbs. of camera gear, seven Asians and our lovely Mercedes 16-pass van set out on a magical journey.

And I'm here! Wooooo hooooo!

The above photo was taken just prior to the pep-rally at 10:30 p.m. on Saturday during the THON line dance in the Bryce Jordan Center.

No comments: