Monday, October 19, 2009


Spotlighting wrapped up our day out and about with the wonderful Wet Tropics' experts, Julia, Martin and Paul. Now... we were on our own exploration of what the Wet Tropics World Heritage area had to offer.

First stop? A drive south to visit an aboriginal and a waterfall circuit.

If you're wondering why I didn't post a picture of a (real) kangaroo crossing, it's because I don't have one. Each time I found a (real) kangaroo crossing sign, we were always in the middle of the highway. My dive partner would refuse to pull over. Not that I blame him that much, but that meant I had to settle for the above.

As I later learned, tree kangaroos are actually more adorable than real ones and probably far less delicious... on that note, did you know that you can eat kangaroo? And that it is the world's leanest and most protein-packed meat?

No comments: