Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Baaabies!


Without fail, these extended trips abroad are always good for creating more questions rather than answering them. Again, I find myself reflecting on life in New York and the importance of home whilst I'm thousands of miles away. I know what I'm doing there, but what AM I doing there? What IS success? A life on an Eco-friendly dive live-aboard seems pretty darn great too. Eat, dive, read, sleep for two weeks on end, one week off to bungee-jump, surf, travel, eat. Rinse, repeat.

Ready for the crazy part though? As wonderful as all that sounds, for the first time in my life, I miss my roommates. I miss one of my best friends who is in the process of planning her wedding. I miss another best friend who works her butt off for a crazy music biz mogul in LA. I miss another who's spent the last month working on the set of Tony Scott's latest movie that's filming in Central PA. I miss another who just moved herself by car from San Francisco to Boston. I miss another down in Tennessee who I've not seen since junior year of college and yet another I see almost everyday. I miss another who I have no idea what she's doing other than bouncing around from NYC to Pittsburgh and one who I've been dancing with for most of my existence. I miss Manhattan. I miss the Garden. I miss my assortment of fall/winter coats. 

I miss family.

I will say, however, that I've been fortunate enough to find family in each city I've been in thus far. Some of the most hospitable and kind people I could have ever hoped to find. 

Photo: Spoil Sport's crew!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

*sniffle sniffle* I miss you tooooo!

also, you need to get your butt back on gchat so that I can make a big annoying request of you =)

Alli Harvey said...

I LOVE big annoying requests!! :)

Unknown said...

upon further inspection, request rescinded because I think too highly of you and not highly enough of said request. consider yourself lucky...