Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Guys and Dolls, it is my undoubted pleasure to introduce you to the President of the Ocean.

Having met him about 30-feet below, this stunningly gorgeous and ancient turtle followed us up to the surface! As we made our ascent, I had no idea this guy had snuck up behind us until Kerrin gave me the turtle signal and an excited point from the boat. I turned around, popped my regulator out, shouted to my dive partner and put my snorkel in to swim back toward him. He played around for another 5 minutes and then casually departed. I'm pretty sure I had the biggest snorkel grin on my face in the world in those moments swimming back to the boat.

I can't even begin to thank my Swedish buddy, Robin, for snapping this shot of my dive partner and me (obviously the diver wearing a 5mm hood in 80° water) with this huge loggerhead turtle.

No comments: