Thursday, September 10, 2009


Good work, Shasta!

At this point in the trip, I was both driving and on the tele, limiting my shooting skills. Not to say I've never done all three at once before (helllo Central PA fall foliage), but fortunately, the lady in the passenger seat is a) a fast learner and b) a good framer.

"Shas! That's gorgeous! Bump up both the ISO and the shutter. Look at the rain in the West! The lightning in the South, the pink clouds in the North! Look! That ray of light is the coolest thing ever!"

I'm not quite sure if the title should be a) "Are you giving photo lessons in the car?" or "Al, you're gonna kill me, I keep getting the dashboard in the frame." Both are equally endearing, so when in doubt, use a backslash.

(Example: "I'll have the taco/burrito" "The what?" "The taco/burrito." "Ok, do you want a taco or a burrito?" "The taco/burrito." "One taco and one burrito." "And a cookie. Thanks!")

I find that appropriate here too. Or maybe I should call it, John/Shasta.

Or maybe I should shut up and let the photographer name it.

1 comment:

Shasta Williams said...

i love that i smiled the whole time i read that. you were the best fellow road warrior i could have ever asked for. :-) and honestly, you just have such a bomb camera, it probably would have been hard to screw that up. :)