Wednesday, July 30, 2008


So... I've photographed these guys before and holy cow how they have changed! I was definitely not impressed with their live presence about two years ago, but this is a band that has grown into a sound that they clearly love to play. Their sound has moved away from the poppy stuff and more into the blues/rock genre (hip hip hooooray!). I think that's why I was so impressed, to be honest.

I will say though, that Tim's (above) vocals have always been something that I've been drawn to. He's got some pretty real lyrics runnin' through his brain, as well, which counts for major points in my book. If you can get through some of the pop melodies and listen to what he's saying, you know this kid might be one of the brightest crayons in the box.

Check them out, make your own decision and if they come through your town, get off the internet and go see a good live show:

The Alternate Routes

Also, if you ever find yourself in NYC and craving some good jams at stellar venues 1) ask me oorrr 2) just go to the Highline Ballroom's schedule and you probably won't be disappointed.

No comments: