Tuesday, May 13, 2008

This is another one of those photos that I post from time to time, where it's not so much about photography, but just about pure content. It's also yet another example of a "to post or not to post," for lack of picture perfection/professionalism, but when you've got a dude from the opening band wearing a bear hat and mimicking the munchkin dance (with intermittent arabesques... on both sides, no less) after a leaping bound onto a 4-foot elevated stage to round out the headliner's show while the front man leads the crowd in pirate noises (mainly, "ARRRGGH"), you can't help but want to share that precious moment with friends and peers. A more appropriate forum would have been to whip out my cellphone, snap a shot, write a quick "Wish you were here," pix message and send it on its merry way to all my concert-going friends who would share equal, single-teared moments of appreciation, but 1) the pix gig isn't my thing and 2) I felt the moment was deserving of a larger audience.

I do understand, however, that this type of "theatric"(??), is certainly not for every band and would appreciate it if most bands didn't follow suit. I mean, do I want to see this at a Deathcab show? Probably not, or wait, yes I do and actually it might BE the thing that sells me on that band, but the point being is that it just fits with a Bob Schneider show... in fact, I'd say it's pretty darned expected. Distractions and oddities are quite welcome as we found out when Hippie McDrunk, an alleged super-fan, climbed the stairs behind the stage to hang all over Mr. Schneider and take over the mic, mid-set. Quite classic too, but she wasn't wearing a Bernstein Bear on her noggin, so it was only half the photo opp.

Good times, good times.

No comments: