Thursday, May 24, 2012

After Stagecoach, my good friend and fellow photographer, Roger Kisby, came to visit me in the desert. Roger has been on a road trip since March 4th when we drove down to Austin for SXSW. Post-SXSW, well, he just kept on going. Having just quit his day job prior to our trip to Texas, Rog is now embarking on a full-on journey as a freelancer, quite literally. And to that, I say, "Welcome, Friend."

It really takes some balls to up and leave security, comfort and um... steady income, so I couldn't be more proud of him - particularly because he is already photographically kicking butt on his adventure. Photojournalism, photo shoots and on-the-fly portrait sessions have all appeared in his road trip portfolio, so if you like awesome things, you should check out his tumblr, Roger This and That.

In the above photo, I creepily take a photo of one of his impromptu portrait sessions with an elderly resident of Bombay Beach, California at the Ski Inn.

Oh yeah, and did I mention we are back at the Salton Sea?

5.1.12

No comments: