Thursday, July 22, 2010

As I mentioned a few posts ago, Jordan and I went straight from Edmonton to Boston for the next Bon Jovi build at Gillette Stadium. Luckily for me, I a) flew in early, b) had a Saturday off (like I hear real people do) and c) have a very dear friend who lives in Cambridge. Having even more luck, said very dear friend, Ms. Kelly McStay has a) an incredibly loving boyfriend with a beautiful Parece Cabin Cruiser circa 1953 moored off of Bristol, RI and b) had a day off on Saturday, as again, real people do.

So we packed ourselves a fine little picnic lunch, grabbed the sunscreen, hopped in the car and headed toward Rhode Island. When we arrived, I took one look at the boat and just thought Bing Crosby clambake and my day was made. Pristine condition, beautiful wood, technology from the early 50s and a gorgeous day to show. Perfect. Done.

One of the best parts about this whole trip so far is that I didn't know that I would be in Boston until I was already in Canada - so thank goodness a bathing suit and my Rainbows always travel with me... in my gig bag...

Here's to adventures and being rerouted!

Photo: (L-R) Jordan and Kelly being nautical at the bow of the boat.

No comments: