Sunday, November 01, 2009

In taking a trip to Hobart from Launceston with Justin and his family my first weekend in Tasmania, I was able to see a lot more of the state than I had expected. Passing mountains, horse pastures, sheep pastures, canola fields and other sorts of farmland, I quickly noticed that I wasn't part of the conversation for a majority of the three-hour trip. For those of you who have spent some time with me, all I can say is that my inability to focus on the audio of the primary situation was certainly in full swing. Had I been driving, it would have taken us about seven hours to get to Hobart, as I would have insisted on photographing everything I passed.

Our destination upon arrival was a darling house owned by a family friend of the Hermans. Again, I was taken aback by yet another beautiful home with an even more beautiful view. With the warmth of the sun frequently luring me into the window's right corner, I couldn't resist the perfect perch with a cup of Earl Grey each time I was in the kitchen.

1 comment:

Shasta Williams said...

i love this shot, al!