Friday, June 06, 2008


Let's begin this story with Game 5, which, was nothing short of awesome. Down in the series, 3-1, the Penguins played a stellar game on Monday night against Detroit. At first, it wasn't looking so good, but then in the last minute of play, Maxim Talbot scored the tying goal to send the Pens into overtime.

Now at the time, I was waiting for a label rep and Greg Laswell to get into town from Philly. I was supposed to meet them for drinks at 11, which would have been enough time to finish the game and be on my merry way... but the Pens just went into overtime! Ugh.

Fortunately (sorry guys), my lovelies got stuck in freakishly late traffic, coincidentally plopping them in Pittsburgh right as Petr Sykora shot the winning sudden-death goal in 3OT for the Pens! Talk about timing!

Because I took the guys to Dish, we were just in time to hear all the fans in the South Side bars come out and celebrate the greatest Pens game of the year. I love when I can show visitors a funny, yet big part of Pittsburgh, particularly when that kind of victory doesn't happen everyday.

Photo: A collection of Pens' fans outside Mellon Arena watching Game 6 on the outdoor jumbotron. Check out the Channel 11 sportscaster in the background, who is definitely my favorite part of this shot.

No comments: