Monday, June 09, 2008

Headlining the Three Rivers Arts Festival, moe. made their annual return to Pittsburgh to kick off the city's biggest celebration of the arts last Friday.

I love photographing these guys because they just let me crawl wherever my little heart desires, provided I'm not too much in anyone's direct line of sight - stagehands and/or audience. They also are consistently a fun band to shoot because they are so mellow. One would think that might be a bad thing for photography, but it really just makes you re-evaluate what and how you are shooting. Yeah, sure, are you going to get more craziness shooting a band like KISS (shut up, it was the first band I could think of with insane theatrics)? Uh, yes... you would be an idiot if you weren't able to capture some form of insanity at a show like that, but to take something so relaxed and make it visually say, yes that was a moment, is a lot harder.

Photo: Al!

No comments: