Sunday, November 04, 2007



Wednesday night:

"Hey Al -"
"Yes, Dwight -"
"You know how to edit on FCP?
"Yeah."
"Want to go around the world on a yacht?"

Friday night: Left Cebu with one bag, a back pack and my baby for Hong Kong.

Saturday morning/afternoon: Ran around Hong Kong, tried to order a waffle and a fresh carrot juice at a stand on the street (no luck, workers spoke 0 English, but fell in love with Daifuku instead -proceeded to buy most every flavor), went on a quest to find my favorite Japanese shampoo/conditioner I had found in Malibu once (success!).

Saturday evening: Departed Hong Kong by yacht for Saigon (Formally Ho Chi Minh City, but Saigon is used as well).

Saturday night-now: swaying away en route to Vietnam, trying to keep myself and my computer from tipping over and I'll have you know that the computer has been doing a far better job than this girl. Every time the boat hits a bad gust of wind, I feel like Mrs. Banks during Admiral Boom's daily cannon-firing (Mary Poppins, kids, come on).

Now that we're all caught up with the past few days, here's the sitch: I've temporarily waived my contract with the production company in Cebu to work for a partner fashion network as their journalist/photojournalist (who sometimes edits when needed) on a yacht that goes around the world. I signed on to be an editor for the network, but as it turns out, they needed both a journalist and a photographer on staff and heeyyyy, guess what, three for the price of one! Not a bad deal for them and not a bad gig for me.

Prior to leaving, with the yacht anchored in Victoria Harbor, the production team decided to hang and have a few drinks out on the deck Friday night. It was a great moment to really look around and be thankful. I glanced toward the city and was awestruck - by past, present and future. I know Compton, I'm lame and I'll "go eat rice." I know, I know.

We should arrive in Saigon tomorrow night, but for now, POSTS!

(Photo: sunset on Saturday as we depart)

No comments: