Thursday, November 15, 2007



For all of you who I told I would be in Saigon until Friday, I lied, I'm sorry and I'm now in Thailand - Bangkok to be exact.

Did you know that Bangkok is just a take on an abbreviated form of Bangkok's formal name? Well, it is and if you can say it, I'll give you a prize: Krungthep Mahanakhon Amon Rattanakosin Mahadikok Phop Noppharat Ratchathani Burirom Udomratchaniwet Mahasathan Amon Piman Awatan Sathit Sakkathattiya Witsanukam Prasit

annnd it means: "The city of angels, great city, residence of the Emerald Buddha, the impregnable city of God Indra, the grand capital of the world endowed with nine precious gems, the happy city, abounding in an enormous Royal Palace that resembles the heavenly abode where reigns the reincarnated god, a city given by Indra and built by Vishnukarn."

Yoi.

(Shot taken as the ship cruised down the Chao Phraya River)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do me a favor and don't get kidnapped and sold as a sex slave. I hear the Thai people like that kind of thing.

Alli Harvey said...

The guys on my production team have already tried to sell me twice: the first time for 2 motorcycle rides and the second for a bottle of windex and some paper towels.

apparently it wasn't worth it to the buyer, so I think I'm ok. A bottle of Windex? I mean, come on.