Wednesday, December 15, 2010


Hey Jude, don't make it bad;
Take a sad song and make it better.
Remember to let her into your heart,
Then you can start to make it better.

Hey Jude, don't be afraid;
You were made to go out and get her.
The minute you let her under your skin,
Then you begin to make it better.

And any time you feel the pain,
Hey Jude, refrain,
Don't carry the world upon your shoulders.
For well you know that it's a fool, who plays it cool,
By making his world a little colder.

Hey Jude, don't let me down;
You have found her, now go and get her.
Remember to let her into your heart,
Then you can start to make it better.

"Let It Be" straight into "Hey Jude", McCartney sitting at the piano. Fannntastic. I'd like to let you all know that "Hey Jude"... man, "Hey Jude" is a different song to me live. You just sit there and sway with the rhythm of his fingers on the piano and find yourself singing along with such a soft smile on your face. Good, good night.

Photo: Paul McCartney/Apollo Theater/Harlem, New York, NY/12.13.10

Note: All photos from this night were taken on a crap pocket cam. Yeah... I wish I had had the baby too... but... not been anywhere close to that press line. However, despite me not shooting with a semi-decent rig, my dear friend, Mr. Bob Gruen was there as well, so I think we're covered in adequate documentation of the evening.

No comments: