Saturday, July 04, 2009


I'm going to tell all you fine folks a story, regardless of the fact that it's 4 a.m. and a) I have to pack a bag and b) I just danced my butt off... but this story needs to come out of me before I leave. So, Wednesday evening. I find myself sitting on my couch watching Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest at about 12:30 a.m. Why was I watching one of the worst films ever made, you ask? Well, very simple. I wanted to hear Jack Sparrow say something, anything really. Just as I remembered that I wasn't at all entertained by this movie in the first place and I had been dumb enough to see it in the theaters, my telephone rang.

Long story short, a very good friend of mine moved to the city recently and we've been borderline inseparable, which lead to the decision to hit the town at around 1 in the morning. Best decision of the week. Involving Jimmy's Corner, Korean food from 2 a.m. - 8 a.m., Astoria, a search of Chinese pet shops for sting rays, getting caught in an umbrella-free down-pour and free-line skating as shown above.

Weekend? Wakesurfing. Happy Fourth!

No comments: