Saturday, June 13, 2009


For those of you unfamiliar with Bob Gruen's name, you may be familiar with his classic image of John Lennon on a rooftop in NYC, taken in 1974.

If you like this image, I highly recommend checking out some of his live concert work. Bob has photographed, well, pretty much everyone - I mean, I could type out that list, but it would just be a silly waste of time. That being said, my personal plug for someone I admire so much is a request that you please go check out his exhibit at the MoMA called "Looking at Music: Side 2" running through November 30, 2009. Heck, I'll even go with you! Again and again and again.

As if there wasn't already enough incentive to go, Bob personally nailed his exhibit straight into the walls of one of New York City's greatest museums. Classic. Just. Classic.

No comments: