Sunday, June 07, 2009

I LOVED this record store.

I obviously was easily lured in by the shop's name and the dude with the over-ears rocking out in front of the Dark Side of the Moon poster. Me? A sucker for good branding and cool people? Nooo... Before I stepped in, I immediately struck up a conversation with aforementioned fellow, learning that the musical haven I was about to enter was and has been the largest independent record store in Boston since 1978. Impresionante, folks.

Ahhh, my favorite type of store on the face of the Earth. The local record shop, where you can literally blow dust off some of the albums to unearth a gem of a piece of music. I'm actually spoiled with the amount of these I have in New York, so it's always really cool for me to explore what other cities have to offer, including my hometown - so don't worry, Dave's Music Mine on the South Side of Pittsburgh, I certainly have not forgotten thee.

Sadly, since I was on a brisk walk in between the Hatch Shell and Fenway, I didn't have much time to stop and peruse, but let me tell you, if you are ever, EVER in Boston and consider yourself a music afficianado, be sure to flip through everything - just to see if they have that piece of vinyl you've been searching for since the 7th grade. It's an outrageously cool place.

No comments: