Wednesday, April 29, 2009


If only the train of this dress had not been cut off...

So this is probably one of the coolest things I've done in NYC to date. As one of Orlando Pita's hair models, I had my unruly mane in shapes it's never dreamed of being before.

Let me tell you a little bit about Mr. Pita. Commissioned for haute couture/ready-to-wear runway shows for Valentino, Carolina Herrera and John Galliano for Dior (to name a few), Orlando is sought out for his innate ability to create pieces of art out of hair. As Gwenyth Paltrow's hair stylist, this fellow has earned the credibility to charge people an outlandish $800 per haircut for his angelic hands to touch their heads. Annnd prrraaise Jesus, angelic they are.

Now granted, this is coming from the girl who desperately misses her $2.00 haircuts in the Philippines and well, still does. I can, however, appreciate what this fellow does for the high fashion world. Just like the clothing and the make-up, the hair has to be a work of art - which is why it's awesome to be the model. You are just one giant piece of art.

I mean, I had my eyebrows glue-sticked and redrawn in the center of my forehead in a kabuki-inspired couture make-up design straight off the Dior runway. It's a wonderful teeter on that genius/insanity line and I think it's crazy cool.

P.S. - the gown is a Nicole Miller piece, which I was super happy to get to wear. I've been wearing Nicole Miller since forever and her designs always fit elegantly and flawlessly.

P.S.S. - All products used to create that masterpiece, from the Orlando's hair products to the styling tools, were by T3 Micro. I highly recommend Orlando's product line with T3 as my hair still smells and feels awesome even though I've showered multiple times (obviously) since the show.


Oh and one more thing... Good God I'd love a big tub of pasta salad right now.

2 comments:

Roger said...

Thats crazy. I want more photos!

Alli Harvey said...

Hey Roger!

They did a pretty awesome job, right?

Haha, I wish I had more!