Saturday, June 02, 2007



Carlo and I finally went out did what we had been planning to do for a long time: a shoot of one of our favorite cities. Starting on East Ohio Street, we visited the coolest camera shop in Pittsburgh - Bernie's Photo Center. These guys know everything about cameras, so I'm sure you can imagine how often I frequent it. Just go in and ask for Frank - tell him I sent you, haha.

Then we hit the North Shore, the cultural district (with an impromptu outdoor jazz concert by Heinz Hall and a delicious Thai dinner) and Mt. Washington by way of the Duquesne Incline. Finally coming full circle at the end of our six-hour shoot, we went back to the North Shore to capture the city at night from a different angle. Carlo has some beautiful shots because by this time I was already walking on my hands and doing cartwheels on benches. Carlo, however, stayed very professional.

The evening turned into one of my favorite memories of Pittsburgh, but really, no surprise there.

Shot: Baseball game at PNC Park from Mt. Washington

No comments: