Thursday, June 07, 2012


So by now you may be wondering, where did these really awesome cars come from? Funny story. 

It all starts in the parking lot of that fine dining establishment, the Ski Inn, a few posts down. We see a really awesome rusty blue truck in the lot. We ask some people getting into their cars if they know who owns the truck. They don't know, but they say that the bartender will. We proceed inside. Roger asks bartender. Bartender points to a table in the back. Kindly middle-aged couple is sitting at the table. Roger walks over to see if he can rent the truck for a few hours. The gentleman says, "Sure, I fix old cars for a living. I have a lot more back at my place. We're done eating, if you want to see the rest, follow me."

So. We did. And that top photo is one of my favorites from the shoot. Pretty rad, right?

Photos by Roger Kisby

Shasta/Salton Sea/CA/5.1.12

No comments: