Thursday, October 07, 2010

As I mentioned in various social-networking statuses yesterday, I actually had tickets, as a Pink Floyd/Roger Waters fan, to sit and watch Roger's latest version of his rock opera "The Wall" as an audience member, not a production nerd. So this means a few things:

1. I was not working
2. Jaded roadies were raving about this show - and jaded roadies never rave about anything, save two things, and trust me, shows are not one of the two things.
3. I cared enough about seeing an arena show that when fabulous seats from TP were generously offered, I immediately said yes.
4. I cared enough about an arena show to desperately want to sit through the whole thing.
5. I had no camera (see numero uno).
6. I had two tickets and immediately called my dad to see if he could hop a last-minute flight from Pittsburgh to New York.

While J. Harv was unable to ditch work, my trusty touring buddy and friend, Mr. Bryan Strickland was in town and ready to pick up the slack. (I know, I know, Dad... had it been Pete, you would have been there...)

And what did I learn? I should really just listen to jaded roadies. All the time... about everything...except maybe those two things.

I can't remember the last time I even told someone to go see a show - haha and I also can't believe that my recommendation is almost aggressive! Honestly, I am very selective on how I spend my time, but Roger Waters was absolutely worth 2.5 hours of my life. But that's all I'm going to say. You just really need to go see it.

Will I watch it again when he's back at the Garden for a 3rd date on November 6th? Yes and this time, I'm totally going to nerd out.

Image courtesy of http://www.brandonremler.com/

2 comments:

FRANKO said...

I got so excited when I thought your dad made the show with you...then I read on (no disrespect Bryan). That would have been just plain adorable.

Alli Harvey said...

Like I said, M, had it been Pete Townshend touring "Quadrophenia" at the Garden, we would have had a flight booked. In fact, I probably would have booked it for him without even asking.