Friday, September 03, 2010

When four separate pieces of her mail* failed to make it from Philadelphia to my apartment in New York, time and time again, Cait wrote a letter to the United States Postal Service on the envelope flap of a letter she wrote to me. Short of her coming to hand it to me personally, this was the greatest mailbox surprise I've received in a long time. Not only was this hilarious, but clearly effective. I adore her.

*Despite their inadequacy as of late in my neck of the woods, USPS/snail mail is still my favorite form of communication (depending on circumstance, sometimes it's better than face time). I think everyone should write a letter today to someone they care about. Maybe it's someone you see everyday or maybe it's someone you haven't seen in years. Take time in its art. See what happens...

Note: The smudge was of my own doing.

No comments: