Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Long exposure - Bon Jovi/NMS/5.27.10

This shot and the two below, I have had in my head since I started shooting music years ago. The epitome of stadium shooting, the shots that explain the grandeur of it all.

It was fitting that this was the show where I was able to bring those tiny thoughts of mine to life, because the wonderful fellow I was working for played a major part in creating arena rock. Honestly, there are few people I've worked for that I respect equally or more than Mr. Albert Lawrence.

Now, I've worked for and been around some of the greats in rock, past and present, but Mr. Lawrence provided a particularly fascinating view on the history of his career a.k.a the history of rock concerts, small or large, as he's from across the pond. I've heard many a tale from the American side, but very few from the British side. I would give you a run-down, but it's way more exciting to hear in-person, so for once I will abstain from a lengthy piece on something I love.

Basically, all I can say is that I was happy as a clam for ten days. The greatest week ever.

While music is very different today, there is no doubt that stadium shows are still some of the coolest things out there. I mean, look at it. Look at how many people are there! Every one of those people wanted nothing more than to be at this show, one of the first shows ever at New Meadowlands Stadium. Want proof? Check the price of the worst seat in the house.

Lastly, thank you to the insanely intelligent Mr. Doug Brant for wanting site photos. One of the greatest experiences behind the lens to date.

3 comments:

AllieG said...

You got me in this pic (maybe)! I was there on Saturday, sitting in the upper upper upper deck, center.

TP said...

Wow, great shots! What an amazing adventure. Good Job!

Alli Harvey said...

Ms. Allie, you should have called me! I had no idea you were there!

Thannnnkkksss TP! The Bon Jovi kids are an amazing crew.