Monday, January 12, 2009


Bull-riding load-in! Yeeeeehaaww!

I know we are a bit out of event order here, as I already mentioned the bull-riding competition, but I think this experience deserves its own image.

There's a lot of things as equally entertaining as watching a rock band load into the arena, but not many things quite as "once in a lifetime" as watching sixty bulls run up the Garden's ramp. I really wish the light would have been better at the top of the ramp to show the "around the bend" shot, but well, it wasn't.

After I posted on Friday, I did go upstairs to catch a bit of said event. Just in case you were wondering, it really was quite silly, but at the same time, fascinating. Cowboys in the middle of New York City? I think I like the event for that reason alone. Simply the fact that it can happen. I mean, these fellas drew a substantial audience too!

On another note, the event was nationally broadcast by Versus, possibly the worst sports network in the history of television. I have a serious vendetta against them for 1) their selection of reporters/commentators and 2) not broadcasting the NHL playoffs in HD.

Uhh eh hehh...

I 've been meaning to get my mini-statement about Versus on my blog for a while now, and bull-riding gave me a way to do that. So thanks Professional Bull Riders Inc.!

Haha anywho, I feel like a good way to end this entry is:

LET'S GO PENS!

No comments: