Saturday, November 15, 2008

I heart this dude.

Jesse is just .... ahh I don't really have words, but this should sum it up: The first time I met Jesse Malin we ended up sitting in one of his East Village bars, Niagara to be exact, talking about music until 7 in the morning. The conversation, of course, stemmed into other things like old films and various histories, but every word he said matched what his eyes said, which was, "I love this conversation." He wasn't talking to talk and I wasn't talking to talk. I was loving it too.

He is such a beautiful, complex character that I find conversations with him to be irresistible. So if you happen to stumble into Manhattan and need a place to hang, I'd highly recommend paying a visit to "the Mayor of the East Village" at one of his fine establishments: Bowery Electric, Niagara or The Pizza Shop.

No comments: