Monday, August 01, 2011

You know the pierogi wind-up racers I was so upset about in the Pirate game post below? Well, we ended up finding some sets! Of course, this made me very, very happy.

So happy that I even took them to the Lupus Challenge at Nevillewood... to get a new home... in Melissa's purse!

When we started to race them on our table, one of the guys yelled over, "What are you guys racing? Pierogies?"

He laughed to himself at his clever Pittsburgh joke, until we answered, "Yes! We are racing pierogies!" To which he started to laugh again, though I imagine for another reason.

But anyway, M and I were running the "Putt for Cash" booth on the putting green and wanted to start having the golfers bet on the pierogi races. We thought it would be a great way to raise more money for lupus! Next year, next year.

Photo: Sauerkraut Saul and Oliver Onion out for a day of golf at Nevillewood/Pittsburgh, PA/7.18.11

No comments: