Thursday, April 17, 2008



I must say that Hamilton Leithauser of the Walkmen has quite an overwhelming stage presence to match his overwhelming name. I can't say that I like either very much, but you can't deny that he's certainly a performer, but perhaps not in a very appealing way. If you've never seen them live, imagine Bob Dylan in a three-piece suit, shouting, no, screeching words thoughtlessly arranged in desperate attempt at being recognized as some kind of an indie idol. Sound enticing? I didn't think so.

Did/does anyone listen to Dylan for his angelic voice? Yeah, not that I know of either. As one reviewer at Pitchfork writes, Leithauser "has apparently been studying up on the Bob Dylan guide to pronunciation (M Is for Mmphmblgmbn!)"

Haha. Quite accurate, if you ask me.


I know, Cho, I know, but music is fair game, despite art being subjective. We've been over this.

No comments: